1. Nominees must reside/work/volunteer in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. Waterloo Region consists of: Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo. Townships include: Wellesley, Wilmot, Woolwich, and North Dumfries.
2. Nominees in the Young Adult category must be from 14 to 21 years of age and must be registered for full-time studies at the time of the award presentation (October 2017). Nominees in the Lifetime Achievement category must have volunteered or worked for over 25 years in the Waterloo Region.
3. Groups nominated in the Group Achievement category must consist of two or more women, all of whom reside/work/volunteer in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
4. Nominator must contact the Nominee(s) to inform them of their Nomination. Nominee(s) has the right to decline to be nominated, in which case, no nomination should be submitted.
5. Prior to submitting a Nomination, ensure the Nominee(s) is eligible for nomination by checking the past Award Recipients List. Please note: recipients of past Women of the Year Awards are ineligible for a period of 10 years.
6. The nomination submission is limited to 4 pages (8 ½” x 11”) double sided, including the official nomination form and any supporting documentation (ie. award certificate, newspaper clipping or letter of endorsement). Any page after the 4th will not be considered.
7. A nominee cannot be nominated in more than one category. It is up to the discretion of the Committee to make the final determination as to the category best suited for the nominee.
8. Nominations will be accepted until close of business, Thursday, August 31, 2017; any submission received after this date will not be considered for the 2017 Awards, but will be placed with the 2018 nominations.
Continue to Nomination Form